Friday, March 12, 2010

R.I.P. To A True Pioneer, Ricky Leigh Mensh, The Man Who Started Me In The Music Biz


Got the horrible news today that the man who told me to be a DJ and introduced me to the music business when I was 14 years old, Ricky Leigh Mensh, passed away last night at the age of 50. You may not have heard his name if your outside the music industry, but Ricky Leigh was a true pioneer, and one of the most influential people that helped bring hip-hop and DJs into the mainstream culture where they lie today. In addition, Ricky was the first to unite and connect DJs from across the country and pioneered the modern day DJ cliques, DJ conference calls, mixshow on your radio station, broke almost every artist and record in the 90's/early 2000's in urban music (literally, you name it. Snoop, Eminem, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, etc etc etc), and much much more, always while giving back to those in need. Personally, Ricky Leigh is responsible for giving me my first press article ever (in Hits), guiding me as a teen to become a man, and helping get me into the music business. You will forever be missed and NEVER forgotten by everyone in this business!!!!!!!!! Miss you my guy...

For more, click here

2 Comments:

Anonymous DJ Drea said...

RiP Ricky Leigh Mench- i worked for him at hits and witnessed his conference call magic as he cheered on every DJ in the country and made sure they all new what was going on. He took care of his DJs like they were his kids.
He had so much more to do. I am so sad to see such a heart gone so soon
blessings DJ Drea

March 17, 2010 at 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knew him for 13 years and he put his life into helper others through radio and media. A true angel to have the honor to know an love and call a friend. xoxo

May 15, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home